Badger Meter Showcases Solutions for Proactive Utility Intelligence at ACE19
Badger Meter Launches New next generation of E-Series Ultrasonic meters for residential applications.
MILWAUKEE – Badger Meter, a leading global innovator and manufacturer of flow measurement, control and communications solutions, launched its next generation of E-Series® Ultrasonic meters for residential applications at the American Water Works Association’s (AWWA) Annual Conference and Exposition (ACE19). The company also highlighted the recently introduced ORION® Cellular LTE-M endpoint.
Next Generation of E-Series Ultrasonic Meters for Residential Applications
Designed for high measurement accuracy and long-term reliability in residential cold water applications, the next generation of E-Series meters lower maintenance and operating costs and can help to reduce non-revenue water. Smart alarms and data such as temperature and pressure provide early detection for flow and other disturbances to help utilities proactively manage their water systems. With no moving parts and an open flow tube design E-Series Ultrasonic meters offer increased performance to maximize revenue.
The E-Series Ultrasonic meters also feature:
- Open flow tube design
- Fully electronic meters with field programmable registration and reporting features
- Long-term sustained accuracy within ± 1.5 percent and extended flow accuracy within ± 3 percent
- Meter alarms include empty pipe, exceeding max flow, reverse flow, leak, temperature, pressure & battery
- Optional pressure monitoring when connected to Badger Meter ORION endpoints
- Single and dual outputs include industry standard ASCII protocol, Scaled/Unscaled and 4-20mA
- Meets and exceeds IP68 - fully submersible to withstand harsh environments
- Lead-free bronze alloy housing complies with lead-free requirements of Safe Drinking Water Act
- Compatible with Badger Meter ORION® family of endpoints
- Replaceable electronics
Unlike mechanical meters, ultrasonic meters, use high-frequency sound waves to measure flows. This technology helps water utilities extend low flow accuracy to measure small volumes of water, as well as improve overall reliability. And, with no moving parts, E-Series Ultrasonic meters offer increased performance to extend the life of the meter and maximize revenue.
ORION Cellular LTE-M Endpoint
For use in smart water applications, the ORION Cellular LTE-M endpoint is an innovative, two-way water metering endpoint that operates using existing IoT (Internet of Things) cellular infrastructure. As the next generation of the company’s time-tested ORION family of products, the ORION Cellular LTE-M endpoint, which launched in spring 2019, is designed to efficiently and securely deliver two-way meter communication via a reliable LTE-M network. Because of the global standardization of these networks, utilities are in a unique position to evolve with changes in technology while at the same time ensuring compatibility.
The ORION Cellular LTE-M endpoint captures 15-minute interval read data and meter status information using two-way communications. It is designed to call in four times each workday and features a configurable schedule that enables utility customers to select call-in times that best support their processes. To improve their environmental integrity, the electronics and battery assembly are fully encapsulated in epoxy, allowing an endpoint to be deployed in indoor, outdoor and pit applications. The ORION Cellular LTE-M endpoint also offers:
- A smart activation feature that begins broadcasting data when the encoder detects sufficient water usage after installation, eliminating the need for field programming or special tools
- 42-day storage of 15-minute interval data
- An advanced data security measure that securely transports data to Badger Meter’s BEACON® Advanced Metering Analytics (AMA) software via private network and never over the public internet
“Badger Meter has a long legacy of driving innovation in the water metering industry and developing numerous first-to-market water metering technologies. We continue our leadership with the ORION Cellular LTE-M endpoints, which, for the first time, allows utilities to use the LTE-M cellular IoT network for greater efficiency and security,” said Kim Stoll, vice president of sales and marketing at Badger Meter. “As the only independent manufacturer of water metering solutions in the country, we are proud to continue leading the way with efficient and forward-thinking solutions.”
Attendees at the American Water Works Association’s Annual Conference & Exposition (ACE19) can see the new technologies during demonstrations at Badger Meter’s booth #2608.
To learn more about these products and Badger Meter’s line of smart metering technologies, visit www.badgermeter.com.
About Badger Meter
Badger Meter is an innovator in flow measurement, control and communications solutions, serving water utilities, municipalities, and commercial and industrial customers worldwide. The company’s products measure water, oil, chemicals, and other fluids, and are known for accuracy, long-lasting durability and for providing valuable and timely measurement data. For more information, visit www.badgermeter.com.