How It Works: E-Series® Ultrasonic Water Meters
Badger Meter E-Series® Ultrasonic water meters are a leading choice for water utilities. The meters are designed for high measurement accuracy and long-term reliability in potable, reclaimed, residential, commercial industrial and fire service applications. Our E-Series Ultrasonic meter and E-Series Ultrasonic Plus meter with integrated valve use solid-state measurement technology to improve dependability and provide greater extended flow accuracies. Incorporating ultrasonic technology maximizes revenue by eliminating friction and wear common with mechanical meters and helps identify leaks to help manage water resources. These are just a few reasons why E-Series Ultrasonic water meters have become a top choice.
How Ultrasonic Technology Works
Our E-Series Ultrasonic meters use high-frequency sound waves to measure flow. More specifically, the meters measure the velocity of acoustically conductive water as it flows through the meters. When water enters the measuring tube, ultrasonic signals are sent consecutively, with and against the flow of water. Velocity is then determined by measuring the time difference between the measurement in the forward and reverse directions. Total volume is calculated from the measured flow velocity using temperature and pipe diameter. This precision results in impressively accurate reads and an extended flow range, which allow utilities to measure small volumes of water and improve overall reliability.
Watch this video for a demonstration of how our E-Series Ultrasonic meters work:
Key Features of E-Series Ultrasonic Water Meters
Our E-Series Ultrasonic water meter line consists of three models, each with key performance features to ensure utilities find meters suited to their applications.
E-Series Ultrasonic Plus Meters
- Integrated Restriction Valve—allows users to actuate the valve remotely to open, closed or partially closed positions to restrict the flow of water. Watch this video to learn more.
- Flexible Deployment—enables utilities to install the meters first and add the valve later.
- Smart Water Ready—couples with cellular-enabled ORION® Cellular endpoints and BEACON® AMA software suite to establish a cellular AMI smart water solution.
E-Series Ultrasonic Meters for Residential Applications
- Reliable Operation—features an easy-to-read, 9-digit LCD display that reports consumption, rate of flow, reverse-flow indication and alarms.
- Sustained Accuracy—maintains long-term sustained accuracy within +1.5% and extended low flow accuracy within +3%.
- Smart Water Ready—pairs with ORION® Cellular endpoints and BEACON® AMA software suite to establish an AMI or AMR smart water solution.
E-Series Ultrasonic Meters for Commercial Applications
- Pressure and Alarm Data—provides pressure alarm and pressure and temperature data reported through ORION® Cellular endpoints and BEACON® Advanced Metering Analytics (AMA) software suite.
- Enhanced Meter Displays—increases visibility and access to data at the meter.
- Wider Flow Range—has a greater turndown ratio for extended flow ranges, which leads to increased revenue.
Upgrade Your Utility to E-Series Ultrasonic Water Meters
Our E-Series Ultrasonic water meter has become a leading solution for water utilities to streamline their processes and improve operational efficiencies. If your utility is considering an upgrade, the E-Series Ultrasonic meter may be the perfect choice. Learn more about our E-Series metering line or reach out to our experts to discuss your custom solution.