E-Series® Ultrasonic Plus
The E-Series® Ultrasonic Plus meter combines ultrasonic transit-time technology to measure cold potable water and incorporates an integrated valve into the meter design. This innovative design allows water utilities to actuate the valve remotely to temporarily restrict water service safely and efficiently without the need for proprietary infrastructure. And the modular design of the Ultrasonic Plus meter gives utilities the option to install a valve-ready meter first, then install the valve later. The E-Series Ultrasonic Plus is smart water meter technology.
- Patented flow restriction valve technology supports open, closed and partial closed options
- Coupled with ORION Cellular LTE-M technology, uses secure cellular networks, eliminating the need for costly infrastructure or gateway installation
- Remote access through BEACON AMA software - saves time and money for utility operations – while improving the safety of their employees
- Flexible, modular design allows installing the meter now and valve later – with field replaceable valve module.
- Patent-pending magnetically coupled valve actuation to extend field life
- Alarms provide early detection to flow disturbances such leaks, reverse flow, empty pipe, exceeding max flow and temperature.
- Durable lead-free alloy housing
- Available in 5/8 x ¾, ¾ x 7-1/2, and ¾ x 9 inches
- Valve integrated into the standard lay length of the meter – no need for costly, time-consuming cut-ins
- Consistent 2-way communication through ORION Cellular LTE-M endpoint and BEACON AMA software
- LED signal for valve actuation & status - valve confirmation message sent & visible in BEACON AMA software
- Fully submersible – electronics are completely encapsulated to withstand harsh, flooded pit environments
- Lower pressure loss when compared to other valve assemblies on the market
- U.S. Pat. No. 8,539,827