PDCL 10 Positive Displacement Calibrator Liquid
The Positive Displacement Calibrator Liquid (PDCL 10) provides calibration for meters 1/2 in. or smaller. The test section is large enough for multiple flow meter calibrations, up to 4 depending on stack length limitations. Of particular importance is the three valve fluid flow rate control valves (course, medium and fine) for ease of obtaining a precession flow rate. Combining the PDCL 10 with the PDCL 400 will cover meters from 3/8 to 2-1/2 in. or 0.01 to 400 GPM.
- The precision cylinder ensures ample volume to capture stable data at max flow rate
- Has isolation valves in the test section, which reduce the amount of fluid loss when meters are installed or removed
- An internal pump is provided to simplify filling and draining the calibrator
- The system automatically cycles the fluid for mixing of fluids
- Has separate temperature sensors for the cylinder and test section to correct for changes in volume as recommended by NIST
- Have long test sections that can accommodate two turbine flowmeters with flow straighteners in tandem. This is the recommended set-up for a NIST roundrobin calibration check
- Comes standard with frequency, voltage and current inputs
- Has three-rate control valves for course, medium and fine flow rate control
- Provides a filtered pump to return fluid from the test section pan to the reservoir
- Provides provides automatic temperature control using a fluid heater plus connections for a chilled water flow loop
- The run and return valves are activated automatically by software commands.