Model SSL Venturi Classic Flow Meter
The Venturi Model SSL (Classical Venturi Design) is a Hershel/Classical design differential pressure flow device. The Venturi flow meter restricts the flow at its throat, increasing the velocity of the fluid, and measures the pressure difference of the unrestricted flow and restricted flow. The meter's throat can be designed to meet the flow measurement application optimizing the meter's accuracy and permanent pressure loss.
This meter’s design provides longer lasting accuracy and lower permanent pressure loss than orifice type meters, reducing maintenance and operating costs. The Venturi flow meter can be built to meet the highest pressure and temperature specifications often limited in other flow meter technologies.
- Reduced Pumping Costs
- Lowest initial cost within Venturi Family
- Resists wear, maintenance free (no moving parts)
- Custom Fit lay length and end connections
- Minimal straight pipe distance requirements
- Turndown ratio of 10:1
- Repeatability of ± 0.1%
- Mounts in any position
- Low permanent pressure-loss design
- Provides longevity, reliability and long term performance.
- Provides an un-calibrated accuracy of ±0.75% with a repeatability of ±0.1%
- Is designed in accordance to ASME and ISO standards and it offers the highest "As Built” accuracy
- Reduced pumping costs
- Provides lowest level of permanent pressure loss of any Venturi style, significantly less than orifice plates
- Standard and Unique Alloys
- Durable solution for liquids, gas, steam and mixed media
- With minor modifications the SSL can be transformed into a bi-directional flow meter
- Easily installed in any position with minimal straight pipe requirements (5 pipe diameters upstream and 2 pipe diameters downstream.
- Also known as “Classical” or Herschel”
- Optional: RTD
(calibrated) Up to ±0.25 %
Process or Industrial