High Resolution Encoders (HR-E®)
The High Resolution 8-dial Encoder (HR-E®) from Badger Meter uses a non-contact field-proven light emitting diode technology to provide a high resolution 8-digit reading while at the same time eliminating friction and wear of traditional mechanical encoders. The HR-E communicates using the industry standard ASCII communication protocol to provide high resolution encoded output.
How to read the HR-E Encoder
The standard encoder output of the HR-E is 8 digits. Though the encoder output is 8-digit resolution, the reading resolution sent to the reading software is dependent on the endpoint that the HR-E is connected to. The How to Read HR-E tool displays the reading at the encoder, the reading from the endpoint technology and the reading that is sent to the billing system.
- No programming or setting adjustments required during installation or wire repair
- Built to withstand harsh environments, including flooded pits, through unique adhesive sealing technology
- Terminal screw version available for ease in indoor installation
- Compatible with Badger Meter ORION® family of endpoints and other manufacturer approved technologies
- High resolution 8-digit encoded output for AMR/AMI applications
- Frictionless, non-contact wheel position encoding
- Uses industry standard communication protocol and proven light emitting diode (LED) technology