Water data is crucial for utilities to effectively monitor system operation, maintain safety and make informed decisions. It also helps utilities enhance customer service processes and minimize non-revenue water.
BEACON® Advanced Metering Analytics (AMA) Software as a Service (SaaS) is a powerful analytics solution that helps utilities achieve these goals and improve various operational efficiencies. Paired with our ORION® Cellular endpoints, BEACON AMA is an industry-leading solution that provides utilities with greater visibility, control and optimized information.
Here are seven key reasons why utilities are choosing this cloud-based data management solution:
- Flexibility: With BEACON AMA, utilities can view their 15-minute interval meter data from anywhere at any time via their connected device. Meter reading data is automatically received, up to four times a day at predetermined intervals, where utilities can view data, monitor leaks, identify current issues and perform other critical functions.
- Security: Understandably, security is a leading concern for utilities. Protecting water systems and meter reading data from tampering is a top priority. The BEACON AMA solution utilizes industry best practices and comprehensive security controls under the guidance of the ISO 27001 certification.
- Automatic Upgrades: Budget predictability is important for utility operations. To support these efforts, all upgrades to advanced software features and analytics through BEACON AMA are automatic. Utilities do not incur any additional costs and instead pay a subscription fee that helps with budgetary planning.
- Emergency Recovery: Keeping operations up and running in an emergency situation is vital to maintain safe drinking water and protect customers. BEACON AMA makes utility data available 24/7 from a computer or tablet so that employees can monitor operations and identify issues in near real-time. This allows utilities to prioritize repairs and minimize downtime as much as possible.
- Support: IT teams are busy enough maintaining day-to-day operations. Rather than bogging them down further with overseeing a data management system, BEACON AMA is a fully supported, cloud-based solution, so your IT team can remain focused on internal systems.
- Scalability: Every smart water system deployment is unique to suit a utility’s needs. With BEACON AMA, utilities can install a set number of meters to start and easily add more in the future without issue because the servers are equipped to accommodate any additions and handle both small and large meter quantities.
- Strong Foundation: With pressure, temperature and water quality data incorporated into BEACON AMA, utilities have access to more than flow data to manage their system and can incorporate products to support these parameters as needed. Utilities can then use this information to drive efficiencies throughout their operations.
In addition to these key benefits, BEACON AMA also provides a consumer engagement solution. The EyeOnWater® consumer engagement tool is a web portal and smartphone app that gives consumers easy access to their water consumption data. Customers can view and manage their water consumption data in 15-minute, hourly, daily, monthly or yearly intervals.
EyeOnWater empowers users to create alerts for potential leaks instead of waiting for notification from the utility or a high-water bill to take action. Users are encouraged to engage in leak prevention and conservation efforts, which is a win-win for customers and utilities. Learn more about industry-leading solution BEACON AMA and how it can benefit your utility’s operations.