The municipal water industry is ever-evolving, especially now as we adapt to the new norms of social distancing and working remotely. No matter how much processes change, water utilities will always remain focused on providing safe drinking water.
To support our water utility customers, our cellular advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) solution implements Network as a Service (NaaS) and BEACON® Advanced Metering Analytics (AMA) cloud-based software to help utilities deliver high-quality water with improved flexibility by:
- Eliminating Ongoing System Maintenance: With a cellular solution, utilities leverage existing cellular networks instead of leasing or deploying proprietary infrastructure for their smart water systems. Utilities no longer need to monitor, manage or maintain private infrastructure because it’s taken care of for them. This frees water utility personnel from ongoing maintenance, service and support so they can focus on other priorities.
- Providing Data Analytics Remotely: BEACON AMA was specifically designed to provide utilities with the granular data they need to improve system efficiency. Meter reads are collected in 15-minute intervals, encrypted and securely transmitted up to four times per day. With this up-to-the-minute water data, utility personnel can monitor overall system health from anywhere. Proactive information is available through any internet-based device to help utilities better manage their system and drive operational efficiencies.
- Improving System Resiliency: Cellular networks are among the most reliable networks available with components designed to provide 99.9% availability. Compared to traditional fixed networks, cellular networks are recognized for their coverage, even during a big storm or natural disaster—which allows utilities to closely monitor their systems at the most crucial times. And no additional service or support is required on behalf of utilities to maintain cellular gateways or servers.
Make Sure Your Utility Is Ready for Anything
Cellular AMI solutions are designed to meet the needs of utilities of all sizes, populations and locations. Consider your options to upgrade and take advantage of BEACON AMA to improve your utility’s key operational efficiencies:
- Increasing meter reading efficiency and accuracy
- Decreasing non-revenue water by identifying leaks remotely
- Improving customer service processes
- Supporting citywide resiliency and sustainability
Learn more about future-proof cellular AMI technology that will help your utility address today’s challenges of social distancing and working remotely and help you prepare for the future, no matter what it might bring. Contact our solution experts to discuss a system that is tailored for your utility’s unique needs.